Friday, November 04, 2005

Jeremiah - all the important creature comforts

Friday, November 4, 2005

Counting all my trips so far, I've been out and about in Jeremiah for a total of 15 weeks since I bought him last Christmas. Never once have I regretted buying my motorhome. Never have I wished for a larger one or a smaller one. This one is a perfect size for me. With or without the slide extended, I never feel cramped for space. I have all the important comforts of home while traveling.

The only feature I wish for is a satellite dish for Internet access, especially since I'm working parttime. I'm starting research on what is involved and the costs.

Today was another fairly lazy day for reading and taking short walks. This evening was another dinner at the Eagles' Lodge with Bob and Joyce (camp hosts). The menu was Gorditas, beans and rice. It was fun, and a couple of people remembered me from last week. Another person asked me if I was going to join!

I have decided to leave in the morning and head for Pancho Villa State Park. It is located in Columbus, NM, and is just three miles from the Mexican border. I'll be there until Wednesday morning. I've been there before, but don't recall if I'll have cell phone service. But, who cares?!?

Each day I read a portion of Charles Swindoll's book, "Wisdom for the way: Wise words for busy people." I always find something to ponder. This was in today's reading:

The good life - the one that truly satisfies - exists only when we stop wanting a better one. It is the condition of savoring what IS rather than longing for what might be. Satisfaction comes when we step off the escalator of desire and say, "This is enough. What I have will do."

I am living the good life; I'll count my many blessings as I fall asleep tonight.