Wednesday, January 11, 2006

More Winter Adventures

For the past four weeks, I’ve been chomping at the bit to get out and travel again. Jeremiah has waited patiently while plugged into electricity at my friend Jesse’s home. We’ve had freezing nights, which can spell trouble for a non-winterized motorhome. (Thanks, Jesse).

Most of the motorhome is packed – am taking clothes for cold and warm weather! Tomorrow, Jan. 12, I’ll load perishables and Cat and we’ll head off for a 2,500-mile trip in seven weeks.

Highlights of the trip include:
-- Enjoying solitude time at Percha Dam,
-- Attending the Yuma (Arizona) Lettuce Festival where I’ll be a judge for the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing cooking competition,
-- Staying two nights at Anza-Borrego State Park for hiking and warm relaxation,
-- Getting semi-annual medical checkups from my San Diego doctors,
-- Visiting family: son Rick Pray and his wife Dianne Pray, and granddaughters Christine and Danielle,
-- Watching granddaughter Danielle compete in a regional cheer competition in San Diego,
-- Visiting friends
-- Having lunch with my editor at the North County Times newspaper,
-- Touring a mushroom-growing facility in San Marcos (Calif),
-- Staying several nights at my favorite RV park, Guajome County Park (Vista/Oceanside)
-- Staying a few nights at the home of long-time friends Pat and Russ Vollman,
-- Spending an afternoon and night alongside the Colorado River at the Mayflower County RV Park (Blythe, Calif),
-- Spending a week in Apache Junction (Arizona) visiting family.
-- Meeting up with 43 other motorhomes for a week-long stay in Puerto Penasco, Mexico. Lots of beach time, shrimp, warmth, and friendship.
-- Returning home on March 1.

I’ll be posting every chance I get, but there will be days without Internet access. So, just keep checking. I leave you with this thought to contemplate:

Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. -- Foster C. McClellan

For your comments: email me: carolinnewmexico@azulstar.com