Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pancho Villa State Park - Again


After busy family days, activities, and a full day of driving on Tuesday, I was glad to have a day at Pancho Villa State Park. With 60+ RV parking spaces available - and only about a dozen rigs here - it is quiet.

A good day to get some motorhome chores done, make some phone calls and to get back to my current book: Blue Highways - a journey into America by William Least Heat-Moon.

"Life doesn't happen along the Interstates." Heat-Moon's journeys take him on "the three million miles of bent and narrow rural American two-lane roads to Podunk and Toonerville. Into the sticks, the boondocks, the burgs, backwaters, jerkwaters, the wide-spots-in-the-road, the don't blink-or-you'll-miss-it towns."

Cat was delighted to get outside to explore, roll in the dust and chase leaves while I read.
As I had expected, a helpful Ranger brought bolt cutters and swiftly got my stuck lock off the bicycle rack. When I go through Deming tomorrow morning, on my way to Percha Dam, I'll stop and buy a new one.

I'll also have breakfast at Columbus' Patio Café - home of delicious food and wireless Internet - to post to my blog. It will be my last post for this trip until I get home on Monday, Dec. 12. I'll be at Percha Dam for three days.

My next adventure will start mid-January and go through the end of February. It will include taking in the Yuma Lettuce Days where I'll judge the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing National Contest entries, San Diego area to visit family and friends and take care of medical checkups, and Quartzsite where I'll join thousands of snowbird RVers. In mid-February I meet up with other Winnebago/Itasca motorhomes to caravan to Puerto Penasco, Mexico. Jeremiah, Cat and I will be eager to be on the road again.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing," said Helen Keller.
So it is!

0 Comments:

<< Home