Monday, May 01, 2006

Lazy days again

Sunday, April 30, 2006
Penny left yesterday; Larry left about 10 a.m. this morning and Paul and Betsy pulled out shortly after that. The RV area seemed quite deserted and quiet without them. However, the day-use portion at Lea Lake was quite busy.

Not too long after Paul and Betsy left, a 5th wheel RV came in and took their spot. It was the chatty couple from Texas (Paul’s “bud”) that we met at Brantley Lake State Park.

I retreated to my covered patio to read and watch birds while Cat explored. As the days go by, more and more birds discover my feeders. Today grosbeaks and house finches showed up. When the toasty heat of the late afternoon arrived, I retreated into my cool motorhome to finish

Monday, May 01, 2006
Happy Birthday to my sister Margie!

This morning I decided to walk a ways on the road that goes to the small town of Dexter. It looked like a short uphill walk, and I was hoping that after I got to the top, I could see how far away the town was. Well, I walked, dodging a turkey vulture that was on his low, slow cruise looking for breakfast. Well, he didn’t actually threaten me, but he came pretty low. When I got to what I thought would be the top of the hill, the road curved a bit and just kept rising. I’m guessing I walked for about ¾ of a mile and then I returned to camp.

It’s been a good day to get more writing done, sort through photos and prepare them for my blog, and do some motorhome cleaning. Cat is sleeping soundly.

Tomorrow I’ll pack up, unhook, and leave for Oasis State Park, about 110 miles to the northeast (near Portales and Clovis). My route takes me back through Roswell: an opportunity to do some laundry, post to my blog, and get a few groceries.

More good quotes from Real Simple magazine:
Believe! Believe in yourself, believe in others, and believe in the possibility that things will get better.
- Allison Delaney in Real Simple Magazine.

Don’t let other people “rent space” in your head unless you want them to. Meaning unless someone is worthy of your time and energy, don’t allow him to clutter your mind.
– Deb Davis in Real Simple Magazine

That’s all for a few days. Twelve more days with Jeremiah and Cat – I’m certainly enjoying my life.

You can email me at CarolinNewMexico@azulstar.com