Thursday, April 27, 2006

Did aliens crash-land here in 1947?


Paul and Betsy included me when they went to town to “explore the mysteries of the UFO museum.” You probably recall that in July 1947 a “flying saucer” allegedly crashed in a deserted area 75 miles away and according to “witnesses,” debris and alien bodies were recovered. This was followed by an alleged “cover up” by the military. The incident remains a mystery.

And the town thrives on the UFO Incident. Even Walmart has a large UFO souvenir section. Here are photos taken of downtown businesses.



Roswell is home to the UFO Museum. Displays included witness affidavits, photos, etc; alongside are documents disclaiming the incident. Most displays are written material, and it would/could take an entire day to read them all. My eyes quickly glassed over so I just read portions.

Each year more than 190,000 believers, non-believers and the curious travel from around the world to see the museum that also is a clearinghouse for other UFO phenomena. The museum encourages visitors to read the evidence and then make up their own minds about the incident. I do think they want us to “believe.” I found it interesting that the “aliens” in drawings, etc., looked so much like earth humans!

Put me on the “curious” list. I’m certainly not alarmed that it might have happened, nor do I intend to worry about if it will “happen” again. I like what Buddha reportedly said:

The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.