Saturday, December 20, 2014

Merry Christmas from Pancho Villa State Park

Cold nights – 27-degrees has been the lowest
Hallelujah for electricity! And my cozy Jeremiah! Nights – with my electric space heater and my electric blanket; I have a cozy sleep. First thing in a.m. my built-in, forced-air propane heater brings the inside up to comfortable temps. And then the sun comes up. Life is great!

Christmas plans
I've chosen to have a calm Christmas, focusing on the Reason for the Season, not the commercial aspect that is full of hustle and bustle. One of peaceful solitude in nature: Rooster crowing in morning. Stunning sunrises. Books to read. Birds to watch. Steaming cup of coffee laced with half-and-half and lightly sweetened with raw sugar. Walks. Chatting with other campers and making new friends.

2015 plans
What's next? I have no idea. And fortunately I don't have to know – very few expectations.
I do know that I plan to volunteer again for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta – Oct. 3 to 11.
 So stay tuned.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!