Friday, December 29, 2006

Carol's year-end wrap-up

This will be my last post in 2006. I've been blessed with a happy and busy year.

2006 – What a Great Year for this Adventurous Lady!

I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well. – writer Diane Ackerman

I love Jeremiah, my Winnebago motorhome! It takes me – and my cat – where I want to go in comfort and convenience. During 2006 I spent 30 weeks traveling 11,000 miles of roads and highways throughout 11 Southwest and Midwest states and Mexico. Along the way I stayed in 40 different RV parks and campgrounds. My travels took me to visit family and friends, and I made lots of new friends along the way.

Special activities on my motorhome outings included being a food judge for the Yuma (Arizona) Lettuce Days, touring gourmet mushroom growing and basil growing facilities in California, and attending the Winnebago Grand National Rally in Iowa. And on one trip, I reconnected with three high school friends – 50 years after my graduation.

During the times I was at home, some projects were accomplished: new stucco, new windows and new bathroom countertops. I also managed to be home long enough to join the Rio Rancho Elks Lodge. During my 2007 motorhome travels, I plan to visit Elks Lodges in other towns.

I’ll be spending a quiet Christmas and New Years Eve this year – I’m at Pancho Villa State Park in southern New Mexico (just 3 miles north of the Mexican border). I’m a park volunteer here and loving it.

My temporary mailing address, until Jan. 5, is General Delivery, Columbus, NM 88029. My cell phone works well here: 505-401-5487. And I have Internet access: carolinnewmexico@azulstar.com

I’m living both the length and width of my life! Bring on 2007!