Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Let the Adventure Begin!

I’m ready, Jeremiah is ready. I’m doing some last minute things to close up my non-rolling home. Let the Great Summer Adventure 2010 begin!

Lord willing, the creek doesn’t rise and I don’t do something stupid or careless, this will be my most ambitious motorhome adventure. Counting two-months of volunteer time at Navajo Lake State Park (in northwest New Mexico), I’ll be gone 6 months and travel somewhere between 6,000 and 7,000 miles. And I’ll drive through 16 states – New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado and California. Here’s a map of my route; remember you can double-click photos to enlarge them.

My challenge for each of us every day is to find something to rejoice about and some good to do—and then to do both.

You can travel with me via this blog.

Today’s destination is Flagstaff, Arizona. Home of Northern Arizona University. I’ll be one of about two dozen honored guests at the University’s 2010 Commencement Ceremony. Why? It’s been 50 years since my graduation from the then-college Arizona State College – making me a Golden Graduate. I’m so excited.